Integra Optics was founded in Albany, New York in 2007 and quickly became a leader in the telecommunications industry. Recognized for our innovative network solutions, product reliability, technical expertise and personalized customer service, the company is one of the fastest growing telecommunications companies on the INC 5000 list. Today, we’re an international organization with a total of 80 employees working in our Latham, NY headquarters and in satellite locations across the United States, Canada and South America.
The Junior Electronics Technician is responsible for the for pre-inventory quality control processing and order fulfillment. He/she identifies all Sale orders while coordinating tasks with the Engineering and Sales Teams to ensure rapid, accurate delivery of products to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Order fulfillment including coding and quality control testing of orders.
- Perform Pre-Inventory quality control testing
- Assist with testing defective products
- Assist with lab maintenance cleaning lab and replacing expendable equipment.
- Assist with inventory management
- Assist other departments as requested (IT, Software Development, Logistics etc.)
- Ability to perform other duties as requested and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- AS/AA degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a production environment
- 1-2 years’ experience using ERP\MRP systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics, designs, drawings, and manuals
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits or mechanical systems desired
- Skilled at time management and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual able to work under minimal supervision.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with ERP/MRP Inventory management programs such as Acumatica.
Ability to read, understand and follow technical manuals. Ability to recognize, understand, and document issues with technical equipment, software systems, and products. Ability to wire and power high voltage electronics system and monitor current flow for overdraws.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job – Stand, Walk, Sit and Lift and/or move 40 lbs max. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires no travel.