- Facilitate advanced troubleshooting, testing, and development of new hardware to sustain our quality processes. Position current and new products to customers.
- Periodically visit suppliers and customers in support of product development.
- Working closely with Sales, Operations and Marketing departments developing and sustaining existing and new product lines.
- Supporting the development of new ideas based on your experience and contact with customers and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Duties primarily include engineering design, technical product development.
- Test transceivers and other products.
- Ability to assist the sales team with technical support for new and existing products.
- Develop customer-based solutions in support of Sales.
- Creation and/or approval of marketing product data sheets, engineering bulletins, and technical papers.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Develop and provide training in support for product lines.
- Comply with industry requirements by researching hardware and networking platforms; anticipating future changes; advising customers on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customers on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Follow and maintain Product Development processes. Create new ones as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor (4-year) Degree from an accredited college or university, with a technical major, such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 4-10 years of Product Development experience in a technical environment.
- Network engineering and/or telecommunications experience is a plus.
- Optical network design experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Computer Programming skills such as Excel macros or SQL or other demonstrated skill.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems as well as with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
This position requires periodic travel (<5%) both nationally and internationally.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job – Stand, Walk, Sit and Lift and/or move 10 lbs max. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings, weekends, or non-scheduled work days with little advanced notice at times.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply online: Integra Optics Application for Employment
DISCLAIMER The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.