Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team and Engineering as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Sales Engineer must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to assist the client’s sales team with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities.
- Duties will include product demonstrations, answering technical questions, contributing to proposals, and analyzing client needs to provide technical solutions in a pre-sales technical role.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and have the ability to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Assist Sales in establishing new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements through use of our products or services.
- Serves as a resource for customers to develop their staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with industry requirements by studying existing and new changes to hardware and networking platforms; anticipating future changes; advising customers on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Developing support material for other Sales Team members as well as Inside Engineering.
- Attending and participating in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Working with engineering team to ensure development schedules and deliverables are met.
- Maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in our CRM and established internal communication systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- >10 years’ experience and proven success in a Technical Sales Role.
- Embedded firmware development experience preferred.
- Experience with various networking platforms preferred.
- Has in-depth knowledge of fiber optic hardware solutions, competitor offerings and can demonstrate competitive advantages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- HFC and FTTx experience a plus.
- Willing and able to travel up to 45%; some international travel may be required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Visio and PowerPoint; in-depth knowledge of fiber optic hardware solutions, competitor offerings
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position requires regular/frequent travel – 25 to 45%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job – Stand, Walk, Sit and Lift and/or move 10 lbs max. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interest in this opportunity?
Apply online: Integra Optics Application for Employment