The Technical Support Specialist will support our sales and engineering teams on customer calls and site visits. They are responsible for consistently delivering high-quality services to our customers and assist with creating code while maintaining the product database within engineering. This Position requires an individual who is fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish to support the International Sales Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist sales and engineering on customer calls and site visits.
- Spanish language fluency; Portuguese language fluency is a plus.
- Work on RMA’s (Return Merchandise Authorizations) from customers to test and troubleshoot issues.
- Assist in creating code and maintaining the product database with engineering.
- Work with engineering and sales to ensure there is certified code for upcoming orders.
- Develop a strong relationship with our sales team to increase support for key customers.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our customers.
- Work with advanced engineering on special projects.
- May check functionality of lab equipment; evaluate and recommend new networking and test gear.
- Assist in the development and coordinate the implementation of field operations policies and standard operating procedures. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Write technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to illustrate operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting product design and laboratory procedures.
- Provide cross functional support to other departments as needed.
- Provide coverage and assists in the coding, testing and troubleshooting of optics other duties as assigned
- Provide remote or field technical support to customers.
- Provide technical phone support for customers and internal staff
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- AA/AS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with printed circuit boards.
- Previous experience in fiber optic transceiver.
- Be well organized and able to multitask with an attention to detail.
- Have experience using electronic test equipment.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently or in group settings.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and customer care skills are necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and PowerPoint; experience with fiber optical equipment
Fluency reading & writing in Spanish is a requirement. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This position requires moderate travel – 10 to 20%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job – Stand, Walk, Sit and Lift and/or move 10 lbs max. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply online: Integra Optics Application for Employment